Friday, August 08, 2008

Second Attempt

I managed to get the letter from the Vietnamese Ministry of Interior in one day and a refund for my first ticket and bought a second one that actually cost less than the first. So on Tuesday I found myself heading back to Dulles. At least this time I am flying on a different airline.

Fourteen sleepless hours on the plane and I find myself in Seoul for a few hours. This is an amazing airport. I think I counted four different Coach stores. Not that I’m shopping. I have an 11 hour lay-over here on my way back so I may take advantage of the very organized tour packages designed for those in transit. Tours start at 1 hour for $20 – not a bad deal.

I am on my way to Vietnam for fun and for life. I am checking it out to see if it might be a place that I someday might want to live. You never know what opportunities life can throw at you when you least expect it.

No comments: