Wednesday, April 11, 2007

48 Hour Day

All day I've been confused about whether it is Tuesday or Wednesday. My day started at 6 am in Washington, DC, in the office at 8am. In a meeting from 11-2pm. Leaving for the airport at 3pm from the office. Flying until 2am my time, napping on the plane. In Vienna, but could have been anywhere. Back on the plane dead asleep for a one hour flight. Waking up as the plane bumps down even more disoriented. A driver that doesn't speak English picks me up. I think I am going to the hotel to freshen up. No such luck. Straight into four back to back meetings with my greasy hair, sweated and slept in clothes and muddled brain.

By the way, I'm in Albania.

I'm here for a one week recon writing a proposal (this is the first time that I am the lead writer on a proposal). Of course, the assignment was made at the last minute, so I had little time to prepare and the 15 page technical proposal is due 24 hours after I get home from this seven days of back to back meetings. Have they succeeded in cloning humans yet?

No comments: