Monday, October 23, 2006

Small World

I had another busy day of meetings today and I was pretty tired this evening (and still recovering from the sheep cheese yesterday), but I went out with some colleagues from DAI that are working on projects here in Macedonia. At dinner I was talking with one of our project staff here and asked where he is from. He responded, “upstate New York”. When I asked where, I nearly fell of my chair at his response – Geneseo. He lived in the town of 5,000 people where I went to college. He even was friends with the son of my landlord. This means that we almost definitely would have sat at tables next to each other at Mama Mia’s pizza place, passed each other as we walked past the bronze bear fountain, or competed for the attention of the bartender at the Idol Hour bar. We spent the rest of the evening reminiscing about swimming in the old quarry and the, shall we say, ‘festive’ days of Geneseo.

No comments: