Friday, June 02, 2006

Hard day

What a way to end a trip. I spent the first eight hours of the day locked up in the hotel slaving away on the evaluation report and using up all my brain cells - so I felt like I deserved a little treat this evening.

I first went for a run in the gym and managed a whole 6km, which at 2,000 meters (6,000 ft) is actually quite an accomplishment and not bad for my triathlon training. I got off the treadmill 10 minutes late for my massage appointment which was not exactly enjoyable but definitely good after the fact as I had requested a “strong” masseuse – the employees thought that was hysterical and told me that they gave me a fat masseuse. I then went and sat in the sauna for 20 minutes and detoxed. After a shower I checked my email, chatted with one friend in Addis, one in New York, and one in DC – gotta love instant messanger. I finished off the evening with pizza delivered via room service. A perfect relaxing evening to prepare me for a 4am wakeup call for a 7am departure to DC via London. Speaking of which, it’s now 9pm, time to book that ride to the airport and get some sleep.

No comments: