Monday, October 31, 2005

Road Trip?

Today a gentleman came into the office that I met when he was visiting DC a couple of months ago. He was visiting with Getu, the Chief of Party of one of our project out here, and he has invited me to go out to visit his farm, which is one of the most advanced farms in Ethiopia. Getu has set it all up, I think. The problem is that I just realized that it means leaving tomorrow afternoon and returning on Wednesday evening, and then leaving to go home on Thursday. That does not give me a lot of time to get done what I need to do before I go. I think that I am going to have to go into the office tomorrow morning and see if I can get out of the trip without offending anyone. It’s a shame because it would be really interesting, but probably not the responsible thing to do. But if I don’t post for a couple of days, it’s because I’m in boonies.

No comments: