Thursday, May 12, 2005

Homeward Bound

In 12 hours I will be heading for the airport for the first leg of my journey home. I am really excited about getting back to a normal life and spending time with friends and family. I'm also a wee bit apprehensive about having to deal with my apartment when I get back.

I subletted while I was away, so I'm not sure in what condition I will find things. Plus, my housemate Karlyn is moving out two days after I get home and I'm getting a new roommate, Ana Maria from Chile who sounds really nice over email! So I am going to try and move into Karlyn's room (bigger, has the only balcony and a private bathroom) in between all these other people moving in and out, starting a new position at work, and trying to catch up with folks. Why is life never luxuriously simple? (I know, I know, cuz I chose to make it complicated!)

The good news is that I have learned from the hell past returns, and I am taking a long weekend on my aunt and uncle's farm outside of Johannesburg on the way back. Tomorrow night I should be sleeping peacefully only disturbed by the jackals, wildebeast and spotted wildlife (mainly in the form of the two dalmations). So by the time you all see or speak to me at home, I should be fully relaxed - at least for the first few hours at home.

I'm already listening to my "Travel" Playlist on my ipod. It starts with "leaving on a jet plane" by Peter, Paul and Mary, and ends with "homeward bound" by Paul Simon. Get's me in the right mood for journeys.

Now on to packing - I have way too much stuff to bring home - as usual!

No comments: