Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Home Sweet Home

I’m back in Blantyre and it really feels like I’ve arrived home again. I realized that from July last year until May this year I will have spent more time in Malawi (3 months 3 weeks) than in Washington DC (3 months). It really is a strange life that I’m leading at the moment, but the good news is that it looks like this will be my last long assignment overseas for a while. I’m wanted in the home office and although my new role when I get home will probably be more managerial and administrative and less interesting in some ways, it will be nice to be in one place for a while. Did I just say that? I never thought I would get to the point where any amount of travel was too much.

I had a usual 12 hour day at the office today but somehow managed to make it to the gym when I got home. I was supposed to be on a goddess plan here – getting tanner, blonder, and fitter during my lonely hours in the hotel. The only problem is that there haven’t been too many lonely hours that needed to be filled. So much for transformation.

Time is flying by here. I’m almost halfway through my trip and I’m off to South Africa in two weeks so it’s only going to fly by even quicker. I’ll be home before I know it.

No comments: